Pink Cherry

Monday, December 2, 2013

Ulzzang Make Up Tutorial Series: Natural Looking Aegyo Sal

What is AEGYO SAL?

First thing and foremost, eye bags and aegyo sal are way too different. Eye bags are usually darker than your natural skin tone and their sagging look makes you look tired and older than your actual age. However, aegyo sal or tear bags are the opposite of it as they are commonly found in children so they actually supposed to make you look younger.

Yeah, it is just a small part of your face but you know what? There is a huge difference on having an aegyo sal. It makes you look more innocent and youthful. It also makes your eyes appear brighter and bigger! So this photo that I found somewhere in the internet will show you how these six Korean actresses look if they have no aegyo sal at all. Look how big the difference is!!

How to know if you have aegyo sal?

It is very easy to identify if you have aegyo sal. Just grab a mirror and SMILE. If there’s a little pouch or this layer of skin gathered below your eyelids, LUCKY YOU COZ' YOU HAVE AN AEGYO SAL. However, if you don't have it, you can still achieve it through the use of make up which I will show you how, so please keep scrolling!

Maybe, the technique of putting darker eye shadow under you aegyo sal is the most known steps on how to create aegyo sal but I do not recommend it to you guys if unnatural look is not in your liking. Okay, it  looks good when you're smiling but it looks VERY WEIRD when you're not. It also makes your eyes become dull. Again, I don't recommend it!

Unlike other tutorials that are using lots of shimmery thingy and dark eye shadows, we will only use FOUNDATION or POWDER. This technique is the EASIEST WAY to create a VERY NATURAL LOOKING aegyo sal. Just make sure that the foundation that you will use is lighter than your skin tone. 

One factor why an aegyo sal is commonly mistaken as eye bags because of your eye bags underneath it! So the first thing we have to do to enhance our aegyo sal is conceal your eye bags

So lots of people use  their fingertips in drawing the aegyo sal but since we are all beginners here, it is better if we will use a q-tip so we can control the amount of foundation we will put on our aegyo sal. Plus, it will not be messy! I think I should stop blabbering now, so here are the steps

1. Squint your eyes so your natural aegyo sal will appear. Highlight it all by putting foundation (I repeat, lighter than your skin tone). Do not be afraid to exaggerate it. We can fix it later.

2. If you think it is a bit weird because the foundation is too thick that it tends to give you a creepy look, with the use of your fingertips blend it with your skin.


AND THERE YOU GO!! YOU ALREADY HAVE AEGYO SAL!!



8 comments :

  1. GENIUS!!! I like how you used just powder without all that fake looking glitter and sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaay!~ Thank you. I once tried that method with glitters and I'm not satisfied about the look because it looks really fake and unnatural. So I find an alternative that will not be to harsh and will look just natural and using powder is the closest solution =) Thanks again.

      Delete
  2. Nice topic! :D great to know that my "eyebags" were not really eyebags at all!. Though i guess my aegyo-sal is bigger than the usual aegyo-sal... BTW, i'm from the Philippines too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha. It's such a relief for me too!~ When my friends tease me 'eyebags' I always consider it as compliment, because I know that they they are referring to my aegyo sal :)

      Delete
  3. Nice tutorial!!! What brand and shade of foundation did you use? And also the concealer you used for your dark circle?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahah I use a technique similar to you but instead I use a light beige or white pencil liner and blend it softly. I usually add some glitter liner after that because I think the shimmery effect is rather cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uhmm can you teach me how to use it with white penceil liner? :)

      Delete
  5. you really need to try aegyo-sal tape from AEGYOlab,Thank me later

    ReplyDelete